Deductions you can claim
When completing your tax return, you have entitlement to claim deductions for some expenses. Most of the them directly link to earning your income.
To claim a work-related deduction:
- you must have spent the money yourself and you haven’t reimburse the money
- the money must relate to your job
- you must have a record to prove it (there are some limited exceptions).
You can only claim a deduction for the work-related portion, even if the expense was for both work and private purposes.
- Vehicle and travel expenses – including travel between work and home
- Clothing, laundry and dry-cleaning expenses
- Gifts and donations
- Home office expenses
- Interest, dividend and other investment income deductions
- Self-education expenses
- Tools, equipment and other equipment
- Other deductions
Source: The Australian Tax Office
Brisbane Accountants and Tax Agents
Here at BTACS, we pride ourselves on our combination of high quality service and competitive rates. However, why take our word for it? Get in touch to discover the BTACS difference for yourself.
Get in touch to discover the BTACS difference for yourself.
Why choose BTACS for your Individual Tax Return?
- Maximise your tax refund
- Get the right advice from friendly Qualified Professionals
- Get you tax return FAST with ATO Electronic Lodgment
- A CPA Qualified Accountant will review your tax return prior to lodgment
- Feel confident knowing that your tax return is being lodged by Qualified Tax agents
- Our comprehensive checklist ensures that you’re claiming everything you are entitled to
- Using Fee From Refund, we can lodge your tax return with no upfront fee
- Late or Overdue Tax Returns? We can organise to lodge your overdue tax returns
Other Recent Posts
- Simpler ATO depreciation rules for small business
- Furnish your pockets with the funds claimed from tax depreciation
- Depreciation for renovations made easy
- FBT exemptions for work-related electronic devices
- Earn more from your holiday rental – Tax Depreciation
- Hairdresser – claiming work-related expenses
To answer your inquiries. Please call us on 07 3391 6444 to discuss how we can help you get it right. Click here to get in touch and make an appointment to see us today.
Whilst the Information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of the Information. The Information may change without notice and BTACS is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored or in any way interpreted and used by a user. Always check with ATO on www.ato.gov.au for the latest changes on tax law.